POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 32000 radio samples (there we go again) : Why do you recompile POV (Re: 32000 radio samples (there we go again)) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:46:23 EDT (-0400)
  Why do you recompile POV (Re: 32000 radio samples (there we go again))
From: ABX
Date: 10 Apr 2003 02:50:57
Message: <9i4a9v4nakj6for3r24ddre7uaatg0knm1@4ax.com>
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:32:40 +0200, "Mael" <mae### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> According to Christoph Hormann the future version of megapov will probably
> allow you to specify your own samples so you could try your distribution
> without compiling povray

Own radiosity samples distribution without recompiling.
Own camera type without recompiling.
Own antialiasing without recompiling.
Own patterns via functions.
Own ... This become a trend so I wonder what are other common purposes for
recompiling POV which can be moved from sources to scripts (except completly new
features which can't be anticipated). Are there any other propositions ?

ABX